- AkASL Mission Statement
- What does AkASL membership offer?
- Cost of Membership
- Membership Registration/Renewal Forms (PDF )
- Online Registration with NetForum: Click here!
- Current Membership List
“The mission of the Alaska Association of School Librarians (AkASL) shall be to advance a high standard for the school librarian profession and the library information program in the schools of Alaska.”
AkASL is an independent organization with ties to the Alaska Library Association (AkLA) and the American Association of School Librarians (AASL).
Membership in AkASL is available to school librarians, active and retired, and to those who are interested in promoting school libraries in the State of Alaska. From the membership, as per the constitution, there are elected and appointed officers and committee chairpersons who serve on the governing body, called the Executive Board, also known as the eBoard.
School Library Community Information & Programs:
- Capstone Rewards Points (5000 points as AkASL member)
- AkASL Battle of the Books
- AkASL Book Bonanza
- School Librarian Leadership Academy
- School Library Boot Camp
Grants & Scholarships:
Active Membership ($25)
Alaskan school librarians who currently teach, direct, or supervise in the field of school library information services.
Associate Membership ($10)
For those who are actively promoting and advancing school library programs. Includes individuals in clerical positions, and those who are retired or from out of state.
Commercial Membership ($40)
Organizations & businesses that wish to receive the Puffin, Battle of the Books mailings, and other Association information.
- NEW for 2012/2013: Online Registration with NetForum at https://netforum.avectra.com/eWeb/StartPage.aspx?Site=AKLA.
- AkASL Membership Registration/Renewal Form (PDF)
Membership in the Alaska Association of School Librarians runs from October 1 through September 30th of each year.